Pages

Thursday 14 November 2013

Polymorph - Ideal for Rapid Prototyping?

I discovered this material whilst researching plastics, it seemed like the ideal way to mock up quick plastic designs.

The Facts
  • Polymorph comes as pellets
  • It melts at 62degrees - so can be melted in a teacup!
  • Hardens in about 5-10 minutes
  • Similar mechanical properties to nylon - only at room temperature
I found this material fun to use, sort of like a Play Dough for adults.  It can be easily coloured with powder paint and things like glitter.

It is also a relatively cheap material considering it can be REUSED!! :)

Some issues I found were that you have to be careful with assemblies, especially since the material only sticks to other pieces when BOTH pieces are mouldable, so planning is essential!





2 comments:

  1. It’s very good content for me! Thanks for sharing content and such nice information for me. I hope you will share some more content. Please keep sharing.
    Hire Custom Software Development Company
    Rapid Prototyping Services

    ReplyDelete