Pages

Saturday 16 November 2013

Experimenting with Plastics

I decided to have a bit of a play about with plastics and recycling plastics, so got out some plastic bags and had a think about how I could reuse them in some way!

I started by shredding them up


 And then put them in a pan on a low heat with some oil to stop the plastic just melting onto the pan  (bit dangerous maybe but I'm still alive!)

The plastics melted down and didn't give off any nasty fumes or smoke. I stewed them about and mashed them with a potato masher and got some tongs involved and had a play about.





Once all the bags were completely melted down and combined I took the plastic out and put it into a circular mould.

And then put it in the freezer to cool


I took it out a couple hours later and it was completely solid recycled plastic!







COOL EH!?! 



No comments:

Post a Comment